Setting focus to a textbox

Nick S

When I validate data in a field, the form does a postback - and focus goes
back to the first control. How do I change focus to a different textbox. I
though texbox.focus or textbox.setfocus - but neither of these work...

Thanks

Rob Meade

When I validate data in a field, the form does a postback - and focus goes
back to the first control. How do I change focus to a different textbox. I
though texbox.focus or textbox.setfocus - but neither of these work...

Hi Nick,

You *could* spit out a scriptblock and write a javascript function to the
page in the focus'ing the control of your choice, you'd need to write an
"onload" attribute/value to the BODY tag also...

Hope this helps..

Regards

Rob