Setup .NET 2.0 on Adv Server 2000

Guest

I'm having problems running ASP.NET pages on my Advanced Server 2000 machine.
I installed the .NET framework 2.0 redistributable package on my server and
used Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition to create a new web site (file
access method) on this server. When I try to browse to
http://myserver/website1/default.aspx I initially received the error message:
"...myserver\aspnet does not have write access to ...\Temporary ASP.NET
Files..."

I navigated to c:\winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 in a command
window and ran aspnet_regiis -i. It stated that ASP.NET was successfully
installed.

When I navigate to http://myserver/website1/default.aspx I no longer receive
the message about not having write access, I receive this message:
Failed to map the path '/website1/App_GlobalResources/'.

Any url I try to browse to on my server that ends in .aspx (even if it is
not a url to a valid .aspx file) returns this same message.

Thanks for any help!