SIGILL importing random

Mathias Waack

Hi all,

I've embedded python into an older application and created some extensions
to interact with the old data structures. Everythings works like a charm -
beside a simple "import random". During import the whole process crashes
with a SIGILL. I've found some older mails describing just the same
problem: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-May/035386.html
Unfortunately I'm not able to read x86 assembler code:(
I'm using gcc version 4.0.3 (Debian 4.0.3-1) and python:
Python 2.3.5 (#2, Mar 6 2006, 10:12:24)
[GCC 4.0.3 20060304 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-10)] on linux2

Everything out of the box from Debian unstable. Anybody with any idea about
this?

Mathias