Statusbar woes

LucB

When I open a window with the following instruction:

window.open('test.html','','toolbar=no,width=480,height=480,top=25,left=25,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no')

the statusbar
- appears in IE 6.0.29 (SP2) even though I put ... status=no ...
- does not appear in NS 7.2, which is OK

Why can't I hide the statusbar in IE?

sunami

I don't have a link to the Microsoft page ... but, with SP2, you always
see the status bar for popup windows (for security reason).

Stanimir Stamenkov

/LucB/:
When I open a window with the following instruction:

window.open('test.html','','toolbar=no,width=480,height=480,top=25,left=25,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no')

the statusbar
- appears in IE 6.0.29 (SP2) even though I put ... status=no ...
- does not appear in NS 7.2, which is OK

Why can't I hide the statusbar in IE?

In my Mozilla I've set preference for a script to not be able to
hide status and location bars, to not disable resizing and
scrollbars. So, generally you should avoid opening new windows from
scripts because it is a non-standard feature, the least. You can't
really count on specific features and you can't really count on a
new window really being opened (even if the 'window.open' function
is there).