Styling DetailView or FormView

Larry Charlton

Does anyone have sites or references on applying layout and style to
DetailView and/or FormView controls?

It just seems like microsoft made these a bit rough to apply style sheets
to. DetailView you can apply a style to the label, but to format the data
you have to apply a format to the row (which I'm assuming would be there, and
not desireable, when it switches to edit view)

The formview layout seems just wrong. prompt control <br/>? How do you
format the prompt to be a consistent width or on top of the controls, etc.
Leaving you to manually change the HTML for *3* versions of the same form?

Also is does anyone know if there is an easy way to add new styles (of your
own design) to the list of styles supplied by Microsoft? Say to use your
color scheme.

Larry Charlton

Thanks Phillip. What I'm trying to do, is see if anyone knows a way to apply
css to the pregenerated content to acheive layout. I'd like to provide
prompt properties independantly from the data properties and I'd like to do
it without editing the templates. If I have to resort to editing, I'll just
build a wizard that will output a sane template that can be styled without
editing. It just seems so close to actually being usable and I'm hoping it
just because I'm so new to CSS that I can't seem to get layout and coloring
to work.