SVG Dom Interfaces

VladimirVV

Hello,

Could anybody help me?
I'm reading SVG specification and at the end of each chapter I see topic
about DOM Interfaces.
For example:
All of the SVG DOM interfaces that correspond directly to elements in
the SVG language(e. g., the SVGPathElement interface corresponds
directly to the' path' element in the language) are derivative from base
class SVGElement.

Does it mean, that after creating DOM model using any parser I can use
SVGPathElement instead of checking tag's name "path"?
If Yes => how it could be done in C++ code? Where to get *.h file or
*.idl file described all SVG interfaces?

Thanx in advance,
Best regards, Vladimir.

Martin Honnen

VladimirVV wrote:

I'm reading SVG specification and at the end of each chapter I see topic
about DOM Interfaces.
For example:
All of the SVG DOM interfaces that correspond directly to elements in
the SVG language(e. g., the SVGPathElement interface corresponds
directly to the' path' element in the language) are derivative from base
class SVGElement.

Does it mean, that after creating DOM model using any parser I can use
SVGPathElement instead of checking tag's name "path"?

No, a general DOM parser will usually only implement the W3C core DOM
and not any specialized DOMs like the HTML DOM or the SVG DOM. However
SVG viewers supporting scripting or programming then should offer the
SVG DOM.