Switches for configuring email sending

Robert

Hi,

While this is only a semi perl question, I hope someone here can help me
configure my sendmail parameter. (no responses from sendmail newsgroup) I
have a simple form that gets passes to sendmail for sending. Due to spammers
hijacking sendmail scripts, I no longer pass the recipient from the form,
rather I want to hardwire the recipient into the script. But I cannot find
and documentation out there on sendmail switches ... ie ... -t -i etc etc
and what each does (and other switches I dont know about). I just want my
script to send the email to a hardwired recipient within the script.

$mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t";

I think the above means get recipient from the form fields.

$mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -i";

Not sure what the above does.

I thought I read somewhere a while back that to hardwire the recipient you
did something like below.

$mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail user\@email.com";

No switches or anything ... anyways if someone know where I might find
complete documentation for sendmail in a CGI envoronment, that would be much
appriciated.

Robert

axel

Robert said:
While this is only a semi perl question, I hope someone here can help me
configure my sendmail parameter. (no responses from sendmail newsgroup) I
have a simple form that gets passes to sendmail for sending. Due to spammers
hijacking sendmail scripts, I no longer pass the recipient from the form,
rather I want to hardwire the recipient into the script. But I cannot find
and documentation out there on sendmail switches ... ie ... -t -i etc etc
and what each does (and other switches I dont know about). I just want my
script to send the email to a hardwired recipient within the script.

You will get the basic information on sendmail switches by:

man sendmail

Axel