System exit hanging in Leopard

Tony Mullen

Hello,

(I posted this once before, but haven't gotten a response. This is a
pretty heavy traffic mailing list, so it's hardly surprising, but I'm
going to bump the question in case anybody has seen or can replicate
(or not replicate) this issue. Thx)

I'm using Tkinter to create widgets in Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5. When
I call root.quit or sys.exit in any way, the following traceback
appears, after which the application stops responding and just gives
the spinning rainbow cursor. The IDLE editor and the Python shell
remain responsive, and I can kill the application from the command
line, but not any other way. I don't see anything problematic in the
traceback, but I don't think that the application should be hanging
like this.

Is this likely a Leopard-related issue?

Thanks for any responses,

Tony

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/tonymullen/Documents/ui", line 11, in <module>
widget.mainloop()
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 1023, in mainloop
self.tk.mainloop(n)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 1405, in __call__
raise SystemExit, msg
SystemExit

--
Tony Mullen
Department of Computer Science, Tsuda College