Teenage Web Designers Needed For Big Project

CJM

Bugger this....theres no point me asking a question looking for help
from TEENAGERS and then get adults complaining to me about my typing
habits...im sorry i cant type like u do grampa...it was just force of
habit. Then when someone my age does come along boasting about all the
languages he can read, and how he'd rather not...even though he spent
all the time to learn them in the first place...and even he decides not
to help me because of the way i type...

I came to the newsgroup looking for help and support and recieved
neither except rude patronising advice on how i should pharse and style
my question....

I have some sympathy with your 'txt-spk', since a lot of younger people tend
to use it [though I hate it myself], and you post was aimed at a younger
audience.

But you have to accept that not everyone here will like or tolerate it. If
you insist on using it, that is fine, but dont be surprised when some people
complain. Ignore their complaints if you wish, but dont acted surprised that
they did complain in the first place.

Also bear in mind that common topics in this NG involve standards and
protocols - these are rules of communication. Your txt-spk is non-standard
and therefore goes against the grain. Accessibility and usability are also
topics close to the hearts of many in this NG. Txt-spk aids neither
accessibility nor usability.

And I think Barbara pointed out that you had received help, but to
re-iterate - It might not be the help you wanted, but it may well be the
help you needed.

So take the bits of advice that you like, ignore the bits that you dont.
It's up to you to decide what falls into what category...

But don't lash out prematurely. There are plenty of self-serving and pompous
people in this NG, but there are more of the more helpful variety, and these
are the people you have risked alienating.

Chris