tkSnack and Pmw Scrollcanvas

rbann11

Thanks in advance,
Hi, I am trying to put tkSnack's Minwave.py demo into Pmw
Scrollcanvas, without success.
I have included the sample, the error message and the documentation
tkSnack says should work.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? and If someone has some
sample code it would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

============ Code Here ===========
from Tkinter import *
import tkSnack
import Pmw

root = Tk()
Pmw.initialise()
tkSnack.initializeSnack(root)

sc = Pmw.ScrolledCanvas(root, borderframe=0, labelpos=N,
label_text='ScrolledCanvas', usehullsize=1,
hull_width=40, hull_height=200)

s = tkSnack.Sound(load='r3.wav')

tkSnack.createWaveform(sc._canvas, sound=s, width=400)

sc.pack(padx = 5, pady = 5, fill = 'both', expand = 1)
sc.resizescrollregion()

root.mainloop()

=====================
Error Msg:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\ROGER\Python\tkinter\scrollcanvas3.py", line 16, in
<module>
tkSnack.createWaveform(sc._canvas, sound=s, width=400)
File "C:\Python25\lib\tkSnack.py", line 552, in createWaveform
return canvas._create('waveform', args, kw)
File "C:\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 2138, in _create
cnf = args[-1]
IndexError: tuple index out of range

===========================
From the tkSnack documentation:

Putting SnackCanvas items on regular Canvases
It's possible to draw these new canvas items onto any canvas in your
program, not just those that are instances of SnackCanvas. You might
need to do this if you're using elaborations or subclasses of Canvas
that have been written by other people, for example, if you want to
draw a waveform on a ScrolledCanvas from the Python Megawidget
collection.

To accomplish this, tkSnack provides module-level versions of
create_waveform , create_section, and create_spectrogram. Simply use
the non-Snack canvas as the first argument. Instead of:

NonSnackCanvas.create_waveform(sound=tada)

use:

tkSnack.createWaveform(NonSnackCanvas, sound=tada)

If you're using Pmw Scrolled Canvas, remember that you're drawing onto
the ScrolledCanvas's Canvas object. In that case, you'll need to do:

tkSnack.createWaveform(myScrolledCanvas._canvas, sound=tada)

Roger