to acess disk space viewer

khinethandarwin

hello all!
can anybody help me .?
i want to know how can i write java program allowing a user to view the
disk space used by the folders on
disk.And i also need to show it by pie chart for saving file and
showing disk capacity.At a minimum , the program should
..· Present a GUI.
· Allow the user to select a folder on the disk
· Display a bar graph or a pie chart of the space used by the
subfolders and
files in that folder
· Ensure it is easy to "tunnel down" into large directories,
seeing their
subfolders
· Ensure the display is stable when the window is moved or resized
· Ensure the user can easily "refresh" the display if, for
example, they delete
folders and files
The name of my main class should be DiskSpaceViewer. It should not be
in a named
package.
Hints
The space occupied by a directory will need to be calculated
recursively, by adding up
the space occupied by all its files and subdirectories.
So how can i write this program.Pls any body help me.
thank you any way

Luc The Perverse

*snip*
.· Present a GUI.
· Allow the user to select a folder on the disk *snip*
· Ensure the display is stable when the window is moved or resized
Ensure the user can easily "refresh" the display if, for *snip*
Hints

Hints?

This sounds a lot like an assignment. People in this group are usually
pretty strongly against doing other people's assignments for them - so it is
generally to your advantage to admit something is an assignment up front
than have people assume.

This is a problem of moderate complexity - you should have at least some
programming experience behind you. If you have a specific question then
people will be able to help you.

Also I noticed you are using google groups. Just a forward, be sure that
you reply in a manner which quotes the previous poster. (Google groups'
default reply button is broken in this regard AFAIC.)

Oliver Wong

[...]

Every requirement above is met, except for "the name of my main class
should be DiskSpaceViewer" (and I'm not sure about the package either), by
JDiskReport.

http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/index.html

Maybe you can license the program from them to get permission to modify
the name of the main class.

- Oliver

Alex Hunsley

hello all!
can anybody help me .?
i want to know how can i write java program allowing a user to view the
disk space used by the folders on
disk.

Well, start by learning Java. Make a start on writing the program. Come
back here with specific questions and not just "I am lazy and will
anyone do my homework for me?"

The space occupied by a directory will need to be calculated
recursively, by adding up
the space occupied by all its files and subdirectories.
So how can i write this program.

Learn Java. I imagine that's what you're supposed to be doing already.
Pls any body help me.

No, not in the way you want. Help yourself! Learn Java!