Un-Beveled Pull-Down Lists

Guest

I don't seem to be able to do anything to change the border style of my
standard pull-down list controls on a page. I've messed with the Style
property, the Border-Style property, everything. Nothing seems to have any
effect. Any idea why? Is this even possible? All I want is to change it from
Beveled to single line border.

Guest

Alex said:
I don't seem to be able to do anything to change the border style of my
standard pull-down list controls on a page. I've messed with the Style
property, the Border-Style property, everything. Nothing seems to have any
effect. Any idea why? Is this even possible? All I want is to change it from
Beveled to single line border.

That depends on how the browser displays the control. If the browser
uses a system control, there is less you can do to change the apperance.

Some browsers (e.g. Firefox/Netscape) allows you to change the border
style, some (e.g. Internet Explorer) doesn't.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Alex,

As for the ASP.NET dropdownlist styling issue you met, it does be due to
the client browser's support on the style displaying. And I agree with
Giran that the IE browser has limitation on display the border style.
Actually the ASP.NET dropdownlist control is rendered as html <select>
element at client-side, so it is the <select> element that we apply CSS
style on. Currently for html <select> element, IE use the system windows
control to display it, and the windows list control has limitation on some
certain css style support such as the border style and Z-index.

Sorry for the inconvenience it brings you.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security