Upload File

Miro

Is there any way to default the filename on a fileupload?

I wrote a dummy vb.net app. My idea was to call my asp.net web page with a
couple querystrings for login and credentials and also a default for the
fileupload filename.

What I have found out is you cannot default the file name...so here is a
secondary question.
I would like to take a text file the vb.net app creates and push that to the
asp.net app.
What would another way of doing this be?
-I know I can change my vb.net app to do an ftp file, but I wanted to do
this all through asp.net

Is something what I am attempting even possible?

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Thanks,

Miro

Jesse Houwing

Hello Miro,
Is there any way to default the filename on a fileupload?

I wrote a dummy vb.net app. My idea was to call my asp.net web page
with a couple querystrings for login and credentials and also a
default for the fileupload filename.

What I have found out is you cannot default the file name...so here is
secondary question.
I would like to take a text file the vb.net app creates and push that
to the
asp.net app.
What would another way of doing this be?
-I know I can change my vb.net app to do an ftp file, but I wanted to
do
this all through asp.net
Is something what I am attempting even possible?

You can implement your own handler on the ASP.NET side and post the contents
of the file to your server using HTTP POST (using the webclient class). It
will take a bit of work, but is the most robust solution I can think of right
now.

Guest

Is there any way to default the filename on a fileupload?

I wrote a dummy vb.net app.  My idea was to call my asp.net web page with a
couple querystrings for login and credentials and also a default for the
fileupload filename.

What I have found out is you cannot default the file name...so here is a
secondary question.
I would like to take a text file the vb.net app creates and push that to the
asp.net app.
What would another way of doing this be?
-I know I can change my vb.net app to do an ftp file, but I wanted to do
this all through asp.net

Is something what I am attempting even possible?

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Thanks,

Miro

http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=156863

Miro

In the end, I did change my vb.net.exe program to ftp the file over,

that is the same code I found on the net to ftp.

Looks like everyone is ftping with the same code ;)

Cheers'