username

Guest

our users are always logged on in a windows domain. I made a webapplication,
and i have to get the current username from the person who is logged on.
I tried this
Dim currentUser As String = User.Identity.Name
Response.Write(currentUser)
But it returns an empty string. The strange thing is : i saw the username
once, but when i went to another page, and returned to the page, it was
gone...

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

From IIS, Select the virtual directory for that app, right click ->
Properties -> Directory Security -> Click Edit buton under the Anonymous
access -> Uncheck the anonymous access checkbox & check the Integrated
Windows Authentication check box. Probably that would solve your problem.

regards
Joyjit

Guest

I've checked this, and it is all as you said, but still no change...