vb.net upload file problem

Darryl

Hi all,

I'm now facing a problem of uploading file greater than 5mb.

1. I'm using the vb.net to create my form, where the form has an aspx.vb
code behind.
2. I've added <form id="Form1" method="post" encType="multipart/form-data"
runat="server"> in the form.
3. I've added a control <input id="fileDoc" type="file" name="fileDoc"
runat="server"> in the form
4. I've added a button to trigger the upload.
5. Inside the button_onClick, fileDoc.PostedFile.SaveAs(<server file path
and name>) to post the file to the server.

For files less than 5MB, it runs ok, but if the file exceed 5MB, the file
cannot be uploaded to the server.

I've told that there is some file size limitation of the
encType="multipart/form-data", is that the problem caused by this??
If it is so, how can I solve this problem??

THANKS!!
Best Regards,

Darryl.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

The answer to this question is yes and no. At
runtime, .Net framework checks the maximum size for the
request object. This information is obtained from the
application's condiguration file. If this limit is not
specified in web.config file, then it is obtained from
machine.config file. By default this limit os set to
4096KB.

To modify this limit, you can change the number in
machine.config. but preferably, create the entry in your
application's web.config file.

Ravikanth[MVP]