Viewing Composite Controls at Design Time

Jeffrey Jones

Hello All,

I have created a composite control consisting of a checkbox, label,
htmlfileinput, button and hyperlink controls. I have compiled my control
and, after doing that, created a project so that I could attempt to see
how my control operates.

In the designer for my asp.net project, I get an error creating control
"box" where my composite control should be. What could be causing this?

I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled VS.NET 2003, IIS and the
dotnet framework 1.1.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff Jones

addup

dbottjer

Pay close attention to your namespace. Make sure you are referencing your
control properly. Double check your assembly and class names.