Viewstate general question

Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Alright, ive poured over some old posts, but im hoping maybe someone can help me understand how to fix an issue ive come across.

we have a client-server viewstate, that pulls document names from a database (forgive me, my terms are dumb, im kinda new at this) and displays the documents called...the thing is, when the documents are called, the viewstate doesnt clear any old document it has cached, so it shows a bunch of old documents that dont exist

i think, that its due to some refresh or clear command that isnt there

so heres my question, is there a way to rebuild the table of documents everytime or even session based, so that the viewstate shows only actual existing documents? including new ones, and removal of old ones that dont exist?

because at the moment, it shows the new ones, but it never removes the old ones

any ideas would be great