Web.config

Kian Goh

Hi,

My web application is working fine at my local server.

I just bought a webspace in a hosting company and transferred my files to
the hosting site. However, I found that I have Runtime Error with the
message "An application error occurred on the server." (details in below
url.)
http://d1808212.u73.worldispnetwork.com/default.aspx

How should I solve the problem?

Thanks,
Kian

===============
Web.config
===============

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation
defaultLanguage="c#"
debug="true"
/>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

<authentication mode="Windows" />

<trace
enabled="false"
requestLimit="10"
pageOutput="false"
traceMode="SortByTime"
localOnly="true"
/>

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>

<globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"
/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Kevin Spencer

The details are NOT at the URL you specified. Here is what the page says:
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".
<

Once you have followed the instructions on the Page, come on back and tell
us what the error is, ar ask us to look at the error page again.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

Kian Goh

Thanks Kevin.

I followed the instructions and the customError tag was at in my previous
posting:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

Note: My web.config was listed in my previous posting.

I just changed it to <customErrors mode="On" />. I don't know why I still
see the same error page.

My hosting company gave me a root directory to host my site.(I am able to
view html file from the url.) I ftp all the files from my local server to
the root directory. From the hosting control panel, the ASPNET is set to on.

Anything else I can do?

my url: http://d1808212.u73.worldispnetwork.com/

Thanks,
Kian