Webform - threaded webservice

Guest

Hello
I am currently developing a webform that calls a webservice that triggers a
long running process.
What I am doing is executing the web service on it's own thread and
reloading the page every 15 seconds with the thread triggering a sub once it
completes. The reload then checks to see if the web service process has
completed. What I would like to have happen is to have the sub somehow
update the page to display the results without the continued reloading of the
page.

Can this be done with javascript or ajax? I have done some searching and
have not been successful in finding any solutions. Once the page has fully
loaded after triggering the web service thread, I have not been able to
successfully trigger a reload of the page in order to update the display.