webscrapping ringcentral.com using mechanize

shrini

Hi,

I am trying to scrap the website 'http://service.ringcentral.com'

It has a form with three input boxes.

When trying to get the form with mechanize, it is throwing the
following error.

mechanize._mechanize.FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'login'

but, the page has the form with name "login".

This form is submitted by javascript.

Need your help to fill the form and login to that site using python
+mechanize.

My code is pasted here.

http://pastebin.com/f339461b4

Thanks.

Regards,
Shrinivasan

r0g

shrini said:
Hi,

I am trying to scrap the website 'http://service.ringcentral.com'

It has a form with three input boxes.

When trying to get the form with mechanize, it is throwing the
following error.

mechanize._mechanize.FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'login'

but, the page has the form with name "login".

This form is submitted by javascript.

Need your help to fill the form and login to that site using python
+mechanize.

My code is pasted here.

http://pastebin.com/f339461b4

Thanks.

Regards,
Shrinivasan

You wouldn't be trying to crack their customers account logins would
you? Coz it would be highly illegal if you were.

Just sayin.

Roger.

shrini

Hi,
You wouldn't be trying to crack their customers account logins would
you? Coz it would be highly illegal if you were.

I am a valid customer of ringcentral.com

We have multiple accounts and need to automate some actions in
ringcentral site.

still no clue on how to scrap ringcentral site.

need help.

Thanks.
Shrinivasan

r0g

shrini said:
Hi,

I am a valid customer of ringcentral.com

We have multiple accounts and need to automate some actions in
ringcentral site.

still no clue on how to scrap ringcentral site.

need help.

Thanks.
Shrinivasan

Your original post has expired on my server but you were having problems
logging in IIRC. Just a hunch but are you following the examples on the
first page of the mechanize web site?..

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/

If so, do be aware that the code they show for setting a username and
password is NOT what you need to log into most websites. The method
shown is for "HTTPAuth" which works at the Apache server level, not the
website level.

Most sites implement their own login using standard HTML forms. You need
to find out what the form fields used for login are called (by looking
at the source code), populate them with your username and password then
submit the form. I don't know if mechanize can do all of that by itself,
I understand it is commonly used in conjunction with the BeautifulSoup
library.

Roger.