What web server for WSGI? Recommended book?

Gilles

Hello

After going through multiple articles about the advantage of using
WSGI instead of FastCGI + Flup to run Python web apps, I have a couple
of questions:

1. Which server + WSGI module would you recommend? I know about Apache
and Graham Dumpleton's mod_wsgi, but what about Lighttpd and Nginx? I
read that Nginx's mod_wsgi written by Manlio Perillo is not
recommended.

2. At this point, is there a recommended book to learn how to write
web applications in Python, preferably one that would first show the
underlying mechanics before showing the main frameworks (web.py,
Pylons, TurboGears, Django, etc.) so that I understand what's going on
under the hood.

Thank you.