wsdl proxy error

bob

I have been trying to auto generate a proxy from a WSDL file. I do
this fairly regularly, so I am not a novice, but perhaps I am missing
something easy. I searched on the problem, but did not find too much
that was helpful...

I am trying to tie into the web services offered by a large firm.
They have a basic set of methods I was able to integrate easily into
my project using the tried and true "auto generate the proxy method".
The real methods, the ones I need however, first generate with an
error I can fix, then ignore the MOST IMPORTANT methods. I think this
is due to DIME types vs. MIME types. I do have experience, but I am
not terribly practiced at hand massaging the proxy classes.

Here is some info:

I can see all the important methods in the UDDI screen, but when I
click the "add reference" button, I get a long error that states in
part...

Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. Unable to
import binding 'MerchantDataExchange' from namespace
'nsMerchantDataExchange'. Unable to import operation
'getDocumentInfoListGivenTimeWindow'. Schema with
targetNamespace='nsMerchantDataExchange' has invalid syntax. Invalid
'name' attribute value: The ':' character, hexadecimal value 0x3A,
cannot be included in a name..

If I download the file and change "name" to "ref", I can create the
proxy, but it ignores several VERY important methods and I get this
warning in the IDE:

Custom tool warning: At least one import Operation is an unsupported
type and has been ignored

And this message in the reference.cs file that is created(I Replaced
the method name):

CODEGEN: The operation binding 'method name' from namespace
'nsMerchantDataExchange' was ignored. Missing soap:body input
binding.

If anyone has dealt with this I would be very grateful for any
assistance. I think my main problem is .NET doesn't like MIME. IF
there is a fix or a component I would be happy to buy it.. :> HELP!

Bob.