XForms datatypes

?

-

I am using XSmiles 0.91 to evaluate W3C XForms. Everything is the below
example is working OK, with the exception of the maxLength restriction
on the "email" control, which the browser seems to ignore. The alert
message is not displayed when "email" loses focus and the form submits.
This is not the required behaviour as I need to apply restrictions to
certain fields. Please note that the use of maxLength in this case is
simply an illustration, XSmiles ignores other restrictions such as
xs:pattern here too.

Can anyone explain where I am going wrong, or does XSmiles not support
restriction of datatypes via XML Schema yet?

Thanks

Will

(example follows:)

<head>

<xf:model>

<xs:simpleType name="emailaddress">
<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
<xs:maxLength value="1"/>
</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>
</xs:schema>

<xf:instance>

<communication xmlns="http://example.info">
<name/>
<email/>
</communication>

</xf:instance>

<xf:bind nodeset="my:name" id="bindname" required="true()"/>
<xf:bind nodeset="my:email" id="bindemail" type="xs:emailaddress"/>

<xf:submission id="submit1" method="get" separator="&amp;"
action="http://abc.asp"/>

</xf:model>

</head>

<xf:input bind="bindname">
<xf:label>Name</xf:label>
<xf:alert>Please enter your name.</xf:alert>
</xf:input>

<xf:input bind="bindemail">
<xf:label>Email</xf:label>
<xf:alert>Please enter a valid email address.</xf:alert>
</xf:input>

?

-

Actually ignore that, I have realised there is a problem with the
schema. Just a bit rusty on XML Schema at the moment.