05 Web Site Publish question

Guest

I did a Build --> Publish web site last night on my web app, It publish
correctly but it created 12 DLL's for it. Is there a way to only get 1 dll
for the entire web project like in 03 or a is there another way to publish
from my local box to the test web server?

what is the best way to publish an .NET 05 web site to a server? Also for
publishing updates to the web site how does that work because I have to drag
and drop dll's that I'm using from a vendor to the bin folder of my web app
on the servers.

Guest

when i open VS 2005 IDE and do new project I do not see ASP.NET Web Application

but when i do new web site I see ASP.NET Web Site. How do i get ASP.NET Web
Application as a template in my 'New Project' selection?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
when i open VS 2005 IDE and do new project I do not see ASP.NET Web Application

It's not supposed to be there.
There's no ASP.NET web projects in VS 2005 any more.

If you want a Windows Forms project, select "File", "New Project".
If you want an ASP.NET application, select "File", "New Web Site".

If you want to use VS 2003's object model for projects,
download the Web Application Project : http://webproject.scottgu.com/