1.1 applications suddenly startied running in 2.0 mode (hosting is

Darrel

The following issues suddenly occured on a IIS 2003 server.

The server was configured to run both 2.0 and 1.0 applications. We have just
gotten into running the 2.0 applications.

Everything was running fine, but at 3.00 am one morning all the 1.1
applications stopped working. The error message we were getting is similar
to what we get when we first convert an application to 2.0. It seemd the
webserver decided to run all applications in in 2.0 mode. IN IIS however
the applications were still clearly marked as being 1.1 application. The
problem continued until inside IIS we
changed each 1.1 application to run as 2.0, and then changed it back to 1.1.

Insite into this issue would be appreciated.

As a sample error message we were getting:
"Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in
configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that
arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control
that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the
ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register
the postback or callback data for validation. "

This is clearly a 2.0 error. Except the application is 1.1, and was
configured to be running in the 1.1 application pool.