1)URL QueryString Parsing 2)Search Engine Spiders

mosscliffe

I am trying to create a back link, equivalent to the browser back
action and I can not use java script. The target user does not allow
java script.

I am using HTTP_REFERER.

I need to add the original Query String values.

Is there a way to get the QueryString element other than by using
cgi.FieldStorage, as I just want to return with the values that were
current in the calling page.

gv.orgQueryString = ""

gv.BackButton = '<A href="' + os.environ.get("HTTP_REFERER") +
gv.orgQueryString + '">BACK</A>'

Am I right in thinking Search Engine Spiders will never see my script
pages as they exist only for the duration of the python script's
execution ? And even then as they are xxx.py, they would not be
seen.

Thanks

Richard

samwyse

mosscliffe said:
I am trying to create a back link, equivalent to the browser back
action and I can not use java script. The target user does not allow
java script.

I am using HTTP_REFERER.

I need to add the original Query String values.

Is there a way to get the QueryString element other than by using
cgi.FieldStorage, as I just want to return with the values that were
current in the calling page.

gv.orgQueryString = ""

gv.BackButton = '<A href="' + os.environ.get("HTTP_REFERER") +
gv.orgQueryString + '">BACK</A>'

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Does the above code not work?
Am I right in thinking Search Engine Spiders will never see my script
pages as they exist only for the duration of the python script's
execution ? And even then as they are xxx.py, they would not be
seen.

Anyone who accesses your web server will see the pages that you serve.
If you serve the xxx.py files, then they can be seen and indexed,
otherwise they are invisible.

mosscliffe

mosscliffewrote:

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Does the above code not work?

Anyone who accesses your web server will see the pages that you serve.
If you serve the xxx.py files, then they can be seen and indexed,
otherwise they are invisible.

I currently have to build the query string from each field passed. I
was hoping I could somehow just
split the query string. something like

TheQueryStribgBit = FullURL.split("&")

but I can't find a reference to FullURL with os.environ's

I apologise for my lack of clarity - the grey matter is getting a bit
long in the tooth.

Richard