    HTML.

    Any comments appriciated.
    Best regards Flemming
    MaMiF Ka, Sep 7, 2006

  2. MaMiF Ka

    Jim Higson Guest

    MaMiF Ka wrote:

    > Is it possible to make a Form with 13 dropdown boxes

    There are any limits in the spec. If there are any in practice, they'll be
    way more than 13 (probably in the thousands)

    > where you can
    > choose different notes like b'4, a'8 etc in each box.

    Sure. You can have pretty much any value in the inputs.

    > The output should
    > be:

    http://www.musipedia.org/fileadmin/scripts/play.cgi?lily=+c'4+d'4+g'4+g'4+a'4+d'4+b'4+d'4+g'4+g'4+a'4+d'4+b'4
    +b'8+a'2.

    > You will be able to make and play your own melodies choosing different
    > notes in the boxes.
    >
    > Can this be done without using Javascript ?? - and only use standard
    > HTML.

    Yep. You just have to submit the form to the server in the usual way, and
    the server generates the audio file. It looks like you already have the
    second bit, although you might have to change how the server-side script
    expects the input to look (13 parameters in the URL instead of one long
    one)

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Sep 8, 2006

  3. MaMiF Ka

    MaMiF Ka Guest

    It is not possible to change the server-side script as it is not
    managed by me. I just want to be able to use it's function.
    How would a form look like to make an output like this ?
    http://www.musipedia.org/fileadmin/scripts/play.cgi?lily=+c'4+d'4+g'4+g'4+a'4+d'4

    Is it possible to make the output of the dropdown's option values to be
    +c'4 (and not having any "=" or "&" etc.) ?

    Thanks for your answer :)
    /Flemming

    MaMiF Ka, Sep 8, 2006
  4. MaMiF Ka

    Jim Higson Guest

    MaMiF Ka wrote:

    > It is not possible to change the server-side script as it is not
    > managed by me.

    Bad luck. Perhaps you can host a modified version yourself? Another
    possibility would be putting a proxy script on your server that just
    re-arranged the parameters.

    > I just want to be able to use it's function.
    > How would a form look like to make an output like this ?

    http://www.musipedia.org/fileadmin/scripts/play.cgi?lily=+c'4+d'4+g'4+g'4+a'4+d'4

    > Is it possible to make the output of the dropdown's option values to be
    > +c'4 (and not having any "=" or "&" etc.) ?

    As far as I know, no. You would have to collect the values with Javascript
    and send using XmlHttp

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Sep 11, 2006
  5. "Jim Higson" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > MaMiF Ka wrote:
    >
    >> It is not possible to change the server-side script as it is not
    >> managed by me.

    > Bad luck. Perhaps you can host a modified version yourself? Another
    > possibility would be putting a proxy script on your server that just
    > re-arranged the parameters.
    >
    >> I just want to be able to use it's function.
    >> How would a form look like to make an output like this ?
    >>

    > http://www.musipedia.org/fileadmin/scripts/play.cgi?lily=+c'4+d'4+g'4+g'4+a'4+d'4
    >>
    >> Is it possible to make the output of the dropdown's option values
    >> to be
    >> +c'4 (and not having any "=" or "&" etc.) ?

    > As far as I know, no. You would have to collect the values with
    > Javascript
    > and send using XmlHttp

    which would be no problem if you use the thing for yourself. If you
    plan on using it publically (does that word exist?), you might get
    into trouble with musipedia.org's license model. Better check that
    before.
    Gernot Frisch, Sep 11, 2006
  6. MaMiF Ka

    Jim Higson Guest

    Gernot Frisch wrote:

    > "Jim Higson" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> MaMiF Ka wrote:
    >>
    >>> It is not possible to change the server-side script as it is not
    >>> managed by me.

    >> Bad luck. Perhaps you can host a modified version yourself? Another
    >> possibility would be putting a proxy script on your server that just
    >> re-arranged the parameters.
    >>
    >>> I just want to be able to use it's function.
    >>> How would a form look like to make an output like this ?
    >>>

    >> [trim long URL]
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to make the output of the dropdown's option values
    >>> to be
    >>> +c'4 (and not having any "=" or "&" etc.) ?

    >> As far as I know, no. You would have to collect the values with
    >> Javascript
    >> and send using XmlHttp

    > which would be no problem if you use the thing for yourself. If you
    > plan on using it publically (does that word exist?), you might get
    > into trouble with musipedia.org's license model. Better check that
    > before.

    Oh, yes, and you can only send using XmlHttp to the domain that the page
    loaded from (security thing). So if your page isn't on musicpedia.org, it
    might not work.

    I think Musicpedia is liberally licenced (I can't find a notice, but I'd
    guess GFDL like wikipedia) - don't take this as legal advice though!!

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, Sep 11, 2006