2-dimensional slider widget (or drag&drop?)

murrayatuptowngallery

I saw a 2-D (like a joystick) slider widget awhile ago. I thought it
was on the dojotoolkit.org Demo page, but no one there acknowledges it
(they don't deny it either).

I would like to learn how to build one of these to allow two
parameters to be adjusted simultaneously but independently with one
action.

I'm starting to wonder if it's really a drag & drop type application
and not a slider. Calling it a slider seems to generate 'no, can't be
done answers' on slider forums. Maybe I'm misleading with the wrong
name.

Thanks

Murray

murrayatuptowngallery

I downloaded the YUI stuff but haven't really picked it apart much
yet.

Do you know if the 2-D one is actually in there, or is this just a
helpful suggestion?

Thanks

Murray

Peter Michaux

Do you mean yes you know of yes it is helpful, oh never mind.

I remember seeing what you are looking for in the YUI demos...

I don't use YUI drag drop because it is massive library and has
strange implementation (I think)

You should be able to do constrained motion with almost any decent
drag drop library if you get creative with the hook functions.

I've done constrained motion with the Fork drag drop library

Peter