    on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    only one web browser can do it.

    Mitch, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Mitch

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page

    Ivan Marsh, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:38:58 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote...

    >On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:03:45 -0700, Mitch wrote:
    >
    >>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
    >>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
    >>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    >>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    >> only one web browser can do it.

    >http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page

    Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out against the usual assortment of
    IE, Mozilla, Safari and Opera.

    Mitch, Apr 24, 2006
  4. Mitch

    fragles Guest

    > Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
    > a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with JavaScript. I had stumbled
    > on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    > IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    > only one web browser can do it.

    There are several multi-browser JavaScript drag and drop libraries.
    e.g.:
    http://www.walterzorn.com/
    http://tool-man.org/

    I suggest using one of the existing.
    I have used those two in Zorya Java Script Graph library.
    http://www.szajkowski.com/

    fragles, Apr 24, 2006
  5. Mitch

    Guest

    Mitch wrote:
    > Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
    > a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
    > on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    > IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    > only one web browser can do it.

    http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html

    , Apr 24, 2006
  6. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    On 24 Apr 2006 11:23:05 -0700, fragles wrote...

    >>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
    >>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with JavaScript. I had stumbled
    >>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    >>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    >> only one web browser can do it.

    >There are several multi-browser JavaScript drag and drop libraries.
    >e.g.:
    >http://www.walterzorn.com/
    >http://tool-man.org/
    >
    >I suggest using one of the existing.
    >I have used those two in Zorya Java Script Graph library.
    >http://www.szajkowski.com/

    Appreciate the links fragles. Figure I have a little time for trial and error to
    see if I can work with these.

    Mitch, Apr 25, 2006
  7. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    On 24 Apr 2006 13:12:50 -0700, wrote...

    >Mitch wrote:
    >>Not sure if this has been covered before, but anyone know of, or can recommend,
    >>a tutorial for creating a drag and drop screen with javascript. I had stumbled
    >>on a site some time back, but there may have been some compatibility issues with
    >>IE and other web browsers. I want to avoid investing too much time to find that
    >> only one web browser can do it.

    >http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/index.html

    I'll have the check out the BSD license though and see where I can use that.
    Thanks for the help!

    Mitch, Apr 25, 2006