    procedures. and used aspnet_regsql to create membership, roles and profile
    support etc...

    questions:
    Can I script the tables and procedures created by aspnet_regsql, So that I
    don't need to run aspnet_regsql for each database?
    what is best practice scripting them?

    My project has 2 roles: Administrator and Normal. Right now these roles
    isn't created by the script I created. Is it normal to create a script which
    creates roles? if so how do I go about create that script which create the
    roles? I mean I guess it's not just one table I need to modify to create the
    roles, maybe instead of inserting the roles there are some stored procedure
    I can use, if so what procedure?

    I have a user registered in aspnet_Users (member of Administrator role), Can
    I script this user to so that this user is automatically created when the
    script is done?

    The goal is that when the script is done the database is created with all
    it's tables, procedures, roles and default users.

    Best Regards

    Jeff, Nov 6, 2008

  2. "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > asp.net 2.0
    > sql server 2005 (I'm using that Express version)
    >
    > I have a asp.net project here which I'm wondering how to deploy the
    > database of. Right now I locally created a database and created it's
    > tables and procedures. and used aspnet_regsql to create membership, roles
    > and profile support etc...
    >
    > questions:
    > Can I script the tables and procedures created by aspnet_regsql, So that I
    > don't need to run aspnet_regsql for each database?
    > what is best practice scripting them?

    The script, as it stands intially, is available at
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727. See the scripts that start
    with Install...

    If you have other things you have seeded, then download the Database
    Publishing Wizard from Microsoft:
    http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v

    > My project has 2 roles: Administrator and Normal. Right now these roles
    > isn't created by the script I created. Is it normal to create a script
    > which creates roles? if so how do I go about create that script which
    > create the roles? I mean I guess it's not just one table I need to modify
    > to create the roles, maybe instead of inserting the roles there are some
    > stored procedure I can use, if so what procedure?

    Try the Database Publishing Wizard:
    http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v

    > I have a user registered in aspnet_Users (member of Administrator role),
    > Can I script this user to so that this user is automatically created when
    > the script is done?

    Try the Database Publishing Wizard:
    http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v

    > The goal is that when the script is done the database is created with all
    > it's tables, procedures, roles and default users.

    The wizard will do that for you.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 6, 2008