procedures. and used aspnet_regsql to create membership, roles and profile
support etc...

questions:
Can I script the tables and procedures created by aspnet_regsql, So that I
don't need to run aspnet_regsql for each database?
what is best practice scripting them?

My project has 2 roles: Administrator and Normal. Right now these roles
isn't created by the script I created. Is it normal to create a script which
creates roles? if so how do I go about create that script which create the
roles? I mean I guess it's not just one table I need to modify to create the
roles, maybe instead of inserting the roles there are some stored procedure
I can use, if so what procedure?

I have a user registered in aspnet_Users (member of Administrator role), Can
I script this user to so that this user is automatically created when the
script is done?

The goal is that when the script is done the database is created with all
it's tables, procedures, roles and default users.

Best Regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Jeff said:
hi

asp.net 2.0
sql server 2005 (I'm using that Express version)

I have a asp.net project here which I'm wondering how to deploy the
database of. Right now I locally created a database and created it's
tables and procedures. and used aspnet_regsql to create membership, roles
and profile support etc...

questions:
Can I script the tables and procedures created by aspnet_regsql, So that I
don't need to run aspnet_regsql for each database?
what is best practice scripting them?

The script, as it stands intially, is available at
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727. See the scripts that start
with Install...

If you have other things you have seeded, then download the Database
Publishing Wizard from Microsoft:
http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v
My project has 2 roles: Administrator and Normal. Right now these roles
isn't created by the script I created. Is it normal to create a script
which creates roles? if so how do I go about create that script which
create the roles? I mean I guess it's not just one table I need to modify
to create the roles, maybe instead of inserting the roles there are some
stored procedure I can use, if so what procedure?

Try the Database Publishing Wizard:
http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v
I have a user registered in aspnet_Users (member of Administrator role),
Can I script this user to so that this user is automatically created when
the script is done?

Try the Database Publishing Wizard:
http://tinyurl.com/yuko4v
The goal is that when the script is done the database is created with all
it's tables, procedures, roles and default users.

The wizard will do that for you.