405 error

Jeff Thies

I have a PayPal payment gateway that is returning to an html confirmation
page.

This is giving a 405 error.

What is causing this? Could PayPal be trying to post something back? (That
seems a bit crazy because they have a seperate payment notfy url, which is
working)

What else could it be?

Cheers,
Jeff

David Christopher Weichert

I have a PayPal payment gateway that is returning to an html confirmation
page.

This is giving a 405 error.
10.4.6 405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request-Line is not allowed for the resource
identified by the Request-URI. The response MUST include an Allow header
containing a list of valid methods for the requested resource.

see: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
What is causing this? Could PayPal be trying to post something back?

Seems like your request is malformed. Look at the response header for
valid methods. Do you have an URI?

HTH
David