50 Secret HTML Commands :->

IcE

hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?

Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

Leonard Blaisdell

IcE said:
hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that have
been hidden from the public for 5 years ?

Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

You're absolutely right. No reference. No fifty. No bull. Don't go any
further and you will be OK except with the problem of the wasted
bandwidth that I just contributed to.

leo

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

IcE said:
hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?

Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

Please don't post attachments to newsgroups other than the ones with
the word "binaries" in their name/path.

Could you list them in plain text?

I was unaware that there were any "HTML commands" at all, when
excluding the security holes left in Internet Explorer.

SpaceGirl

IcE said:
hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?

Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
(hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
# explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
# to duplicate this post.

Jonathan N. Little

SpaceGirl said:
HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
(hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.

No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
harmless and lame.

Els

Jonathan said:
No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
harmless and lame.

I saw more than that. There was a multipart/alternative message,
consisting of a text/plain and a text/html version, then there was the
raw message, and an attachment, called New Wordpad Document.html,
which was entirely empty here, but maybe it did contain a virus or
something before it got to my machine.

Alan J. Flavell

No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,

Even if that was the case, (my software is configured to ignore news
postings with attachments, so this is merely a general remark, not
specific to the item in question), one would be well advised to strap
on the body armour before exposing oneself to untrusted so-called
text/html.
harmless and lame.

I'll go along with "lame"; but such content can conceal all kinds of
unpleasantness, if one is not well-defended against in-lined external
resources, active content, and what not.

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:

I saw more than that. There was a multipart/alternative message,
consisting of a text/plain and a text/html version, then there was the
raw message, and an attachment, called New Wordpad Document.html,
which was entirely empty here, but maybe it did contain a virus or
something before it got to my machine.
Nope, if you look at the source your will see MS generated munged HTML

<code>
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#3e0203 size=3D2>
<P>hello</FONT><FONT color=3D#4a022c size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
color=3D#3e0203=20 ....
</code>

It's his multi-colored message 'hello ...'

That is all.

Els

Jonathan said:
Nope, if you look at the source your will see MS generated munged HTML

<code>
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#3e0203 size=3D2>
<P>hello</FONT><FONT color=3D#4a022c size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
color=3D#3e0203=20 ....
</code>

It's his multi-colored message 'hello ...'

That is all.

You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
Here's a screenshot for you :)
http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png

In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
yellow sticky note in the icon.
In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
/and/ the attachment.
In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
message, followed by the attachment.

Jonathan N. Little

Alan said:
I'll go along with "lame"; but such content can conceal all kinds of
unpleasantness, if one is not well-defended against in-lined external
resources, active content, and what not.

In this can no, just really, really bad HTML!

Real crap! No external links....

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
Here's a screenshot for you :)
http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png

In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
yellow sticky note in the icon.
In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
/and/ the attachment.
In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
message, followed by the attachment.

Upon closer examination, your are correct! But the Wordpad created html
document did not attach correctly, there is the beginning marker, but
the data and ending marker is missing. Check source with a binary viewer...

The bozo's newreader:
'nuf said! ;-)

Els

Jonathan said:
Upon closer examination, your are correct! But the Wordpad created html
document did not attach correctly, there is the beginning marker, but
the data and ending marker is missing.

That would probably explain the emptiness of the file then ;-)
Check source with a binary viewer...

What is a binary viewer?
The bozo's newreader:
'nuf said! ;-)

<g>

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:

That would probably explain the emptiness of the file then ;-)

What is a binary viewer?

<g>
Sorry hex viewer, (brain drain fussing with some PHP and a bit
distracted), I viewed source as binary file in a hex viewer instead of
text in a text viewer....

Els

Jonathan said:
Sorry hex viewer, (brain drain fussing with some PHP and a bit
distracted), I viewed source as binary file in a hex viewer instead of
text in a text viewer....

Not trying to annoy you, but...
What is a hex viewer?

Els

Jonathan said:
Don't know your OS
WinXP

but for Windows
HEXpert view/edit
http://www.hexpertsystems.com/hexpert.html

Thanks - looks like it shows exactly the same thing as TextPad, only
in colour view and with some extras? I mean - it doesn't reveal
anything that a regular text editor wouldn't. Am I correct?
Norton's Utilities old DiskEdit, view/edit

Don't have Norton :)
Of course the ancient old debug.exe!

Is that a built in Windows prog?

Jonathan N. Little

Els wrote:

Thanks - looks like it shows exactly the same thing as TextPad, only
in colour view and with some extras? I mean - it doesn't reveal
anything that a regular text editor wouldn't. Am I correct?

Not quite, if TextPad is another notepad text editor replacement. Text
editors interpret the files binary code as characters but hex editor
displays the binary data hexadecimal values. Hence

Hi
there

in Notepad looks like:

48 69 0D 0A 54 68 65 72 65

in a hex editor. The carriage return in Windows, invisible in the text
viewer except for forcing a new line is '0D 0A' in the hex editor. You
cannot see characters like the null character '00' in Notepad. The
CTRL-M character '0A' can sure muck up a bit of Perl or JavaScript, in
Notepad it looks like a black box depending on the font. Other editors
the use the riched20.dll like Wordpad or Metapad it looks like a plain
old carriage return, but it is not! Can drive you nute trying to debug
script with those editor! Where you can really see the difference is
open up a non-textfile like an image or excutable.

Els

Jonathan said:
Not quite, if TextPad is another notepad text editor replacement.

It is. Well, it was for me when I switched :)
Text editors interpret the files binary code as characters but hex
editor displays the binary data hexadecimal values. Hence

Hi there

in Notepad looks like:

48 69 0D 0A 54 68 65 72 65

in a hex editor. The carriage return in Windows, invisible in the
text viewer except for forcing a new line is '0D 0A' in the hex
editor. You cannot see characters like the null character '00' in
Notepad. The CTRL-M character '0A' can sure muck up a bit of Perl
or JavaScript, in Notepad it looks like a black box depending on
the font. Other editors the use the riched20.dll like Wordpad or
Metapad it looks like a plain old carriage return, but it is not!
Can drive you nute trying to debug script with those editor! Where
you can really see the difference is open up a non-textfile like an
image or excutable.

Okay, got it. Thanks :)