    IcE Guest

    hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?

    Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

    IcE, Sep 22, 2005

  2. In article <CjrYe.13530$>,
    "IcE" <> wrote:

    > hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that have
    > been hidden from the public for 5 years ?
    >
    > Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

    You're absolutely right. No reference. No fifty. No bull. Don't go any
    further and you will be OK except with the problem of the wasted
    bandwidth that I just contributed to.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Sep 22, 2005

  3. IcE wrote:

    > hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
    > have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?
    >
    > Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

    Please don't post attachments to newsgroups other than the ones with
    the word "binaries" in their name/path.

    Could you list them in plain text?

    I was unaware that there were any "HTML commands" at all, when
    excluding the security holes left in Internet Explorer.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Sep 22, 2005
  4. IcE

    SpaceGirl Guest

    IcE wrote:
    > hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
    > have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?
    >
    > Well Here There ARE :) enjoy

    HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
    hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
    who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
    people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
    (hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
    wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
    attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
    # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
    # to duplicate this post.

    SpaceGirl, Sep 22, 2005
  5. SpaceGirl wrote:
    > IcE wrote:
    >
    >> hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
    >> have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?
    >>
    >> Well Here There ARE :) enjoy
    >>

    > HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
    > hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
    > who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
    > people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
    > (hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
    > wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
    > attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.

    No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
    harmless and lame.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 22, 2005
  6. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >> IcE wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello would you be interested in knowin 50 secret html commands that
    >>> have been hidden from the public for 5 years ?
    >>>
    >>> Well Here There ARE :) enjoy
    >>>

    >> HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
    >> hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
    >> who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
    >> people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
    >> (hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
    >> wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
    >> attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.
    >>

    > No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
    > harmless and lame.

    I saw more than that. There was a multipart/alternative message,
    consisting of a text/plain and a text/html version, then there was the
    raw message, and an attachment, called New Wordpad Document.html,
    which was entirely empty here, but maybe it did contain a virus or
    something before it got to my machine.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 22, 2005
  7. On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,

    Even if that was the case, (my software is configured to ignore news
    postings with attachments, so this is merely a general remark, not
    specific to the item in question), one would be well advised to strap
    on the body armour before exposing oneself to untrusted so-called
    text/html.

    > harmless and lame.

    I'll go along with "lame"; but such content can conceal all kinds of
    unpleasantness, if one is not well-defended against in-lined external
    resources, active content, and what not.

    Alan J. Flavell, Sep 22, 2005
  8. Els wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >

    >>SpaceGirl wrote:

    >>>HTML is a tag language. It has no commands, just tags. There aren't any
    >>>hidden tags; W3C is a group made of all the major players in the market
    >>>who form the specification of HTML. This is then published so that
    >>>people who make browsers can support it. If an HTML tag is no published
    >>>(hidden), then the browsers wouldn't support it as the manufacturers
    >>>wouldn't know it existed... meaning your post is bullshit, and the
    >>>attachement is more likely to be a virus than anything.
    >>>

    >>No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
    >>harmless and lame.

    > I saw more than that. There was a multipart/alternative message,
    > consisting of a text/plain and a text/html version, then there was the
    > raw message, and an attachment, called New Wordpad Document.html,
    > which was entirely empty here, but maybe it did contain a virus or
    > something before it got to my machine.

    Nope, if you look at the source your will see MS generated munged HTML

    <code>
    <HTML><HEAD>
    charset=3Diso-8859-1">
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#3e0203 size=3D2>
    <P>hello</FONT><FONT color=3D#4a022c size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
    color=3D#3e0203=20 ....
    </code>

    It's his multi-colored message 'hello ...'

    That is all.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 22, 2005
  9. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >>>No the attachment is just the HTML formatted version of the message,
    >>>harmless and lame.

    >> I saw more than that. There was a multipart/alternative message,
    >> consisting of a text/plain and a text/html version, then there was the
    >> raw message, and an attachment, called New Wordpad Document.html,
    >> which was entirely empty here, but maybe it did contain a virus or
    >> something before it got to my machine.
    >>

    > Nope, if you look at the source your will see MS generated munged HTML
    >
    > <code>
    > <HTML><HEAD>
    > <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
    > charset=3Diso-8859-1">
    > <STYLE></STYLE>
    > </HEAD>
    > <BODY>
    > <DIV><FONT color=3D#3e0203 size=3D2>
    > <P>hello</FONT><FONT color=3D#4a022c size=3D2> </FONT><FONT =
    > color=3D#3e0203=20 ....
    > </code>
    >
    > It's his multi-colored message 'hello ...'
    >
    > That is all.

    You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
    Here's a screenshot for you :)
    http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png

    In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
    yellow sticky note in the icon.
    In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
    /and/ the attachment.
    In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
    message, followed by the attachment.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 22, 2005
  10. Alan J. Flavell wrote:

    > I'll go along with "lame"; but such content can conceal all kinds of
    > unpleasantness, if one is not well-defended against in-lined external
    > resources, active content, and what not.

    In this can no, just really, really bad HTML!

    Real crap! No external links....
    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 22, 2005
  11. Els wrote:

    > You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
    > Here's a screenshot for you :)
    > http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png
    >
    > In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
    > yellow sticky note in the icon.
    > In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
    > /and/ the attachment.
    > In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
    > message, followed by the attachment.

    Upon closer examination, your are correct! But the Wordpad created html
    document did not attach correctly, there is the beginning marker, but
    the data and ending marker is missing. Check source with a binary viewer...

    The bozo's newreader:
    'nuf said! ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 22, 2005
  12. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >

    >> You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
    >> Here's a screenshot for you :)
    >> http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png
    >>
    >> In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
    >> yellow sticky note in the icon.
    >> In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
    >> /and/ the attachment.
    >> In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
    >> message, followed by the attachment.

    > Upon closer examination, your are correct! But the Wordpad created html
    > document did not attach correctly, there is the beginning marker, but
    > the data and ending marker is missing.

    That would probably explain the emptiness of the file then ;-)

    > Check source with a binary viewer...

    What is a binary viewer?

    > The bozo's newreader:
    > 'nuf said! ;-)

    <g>

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 22, 2005
  13. Els wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >

    >>Els wrote:
    >>

    >>>You're saying I see things that aren't there? <g>
    >>>Here's a screenshot for you :)
    >>>http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/attachment.png
    >>>
    >>>In the top panel, you can see that there is an attachment, by the
    >>>yellow sticky note in the icon.
    >>>In the right panel you can see both the raw message, the html message,
    >>>/and/ the attachment.
    >>>In the left panel, you can see the last bits of the HTML coloured
    >>>message, followed by the attachment.

    >>Upon closer examination, your are correct! But the Wordpad created html
    >>document did not attach correctly, there is the beginning marker, but
    >>the data and ending marker is missing.

    > That would probably explain the emptiness of the file then ;-)
    >

    >>Check source with a binary viewer...

    > What is a binary viewer?
    >

    >>The bozo's newreader:
    >>'nuf said! ;-)

    > <g>

    Sorry hex viewer, (brain drain fussing with some PHP and a bit
    distracted), I viewed source as binary file in a hex viewer instead of
    text in a text viewer....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 22, 2005
  14. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >>>Check source with a binary viewer...

    >> What is a binary viewer?

    > Sorry hex viewer, (brain drain fussing with some PHP and a bit
    > distracted), I viewed source as binary file in a hex viewer instead of
    > text in a text viewer....

    Not trying to annoy you, but...
    What is a hex viewer?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 22, 2005
  15. Els wrote:

    >>>What is a binary viewer?

    >>Sorry hex viewer, (brain drain fussing with some PHP and a bit
    >>distracted), I viewed source as binary file in a hex viewer instead of
    >>text in a text viewer....

    > Not trying to annoy you, but...
    > What is a hex viewer?

    Don't know your OS but for Windows
    HEXpert view/edit
    http://www.hexpertsystems.com/hexpert.html
    Norton's Utilities old DiskEdit, view/edit

    Of course the ancient old debug.exe!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 23, 2005
  16. IcE

    rf Guest

    rf, Sep 23, 2005
  17. Jonathan N. Little, Sep 23, 2005
  18. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >> What is a hex viewer?

    > Don't know your OS

    WinXP

    > but for Windows
    > HEXpert view/edit
    > http://www.hexpertsystems.com/hexpert.html

    Thanks - looks like it shows exactly the same thing as TextPad, only
    in colour view and with some extras? I mean - it doesn't reveal
    anything that a regular text editor wouldn't. Am I correct?

    > Norton's Utilities old DiskEdit, view/edit

    Don't have Norton :)

    > Of course the ancient old debug.exe!

    Is that a built in Windows prog?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Sep 23, 2005
  19. Els wrote:

    > Thanks - looks like it shows exactly the same thing as TextPad, only
    > in colour view and with some extras? I mean - it doesn't reveal
    > anything that a regular text editor wouldn't. Am I correct?

    Not quite, if TextPad is another notepad text editor replacement. Text
    editors interpret the files binary code as characters but hex editor
    displays the binary data hexadecimal values. Hence

    Hi
    there

    in Notepad looks like:

    48 69 0D 0A 54 68 65 72 65

    in a hex editor. The carriage return in Windows, invisible in the text
    viewer except for forcing a new line is '0D 0A' in the hex editor. You
    cannot see characters like the null character '00' in Notepad. The
    CTRL-M character '0A' can sure muck up a bit of Perl or JavaScript, in
    Notepad it looks like a black box depending on the font. Other editors
    the use the riched20.dll like Wordpad or Metapad it looks like a plain
    old carriage return, but it is not! Can drive you nute trying to debug
    script with those editor! Where you can really see the difference is
    open up a non-textfile like an image or excutable.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 23, 2005
  20. IcE

    Els Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks - looks like it shows exactly the same thing as TextPad, only
    >> in colour view and with some extras? I mean - it doesn't reveal
    >> anything that a regular text editor wouldn't. Am I correct?

    > Not quite, if TextPad is another notepad text editor replacement.

    It is. Well, it was for me when I switched :)

    > Text editors interpret the files binary code as characters but hex
    > editor displays the binary data hexadecimal values. Hence
    >
    > Hi there
    >
    > in Notepad looks like:
    >
    > 48 69 0D 0A 54 68 65 72 65
    >
    > in a hex editor. The carriage return in Windows, invisible in the
    > text viewer except for forcing a new line is '0D 0A' in the hex
    > editor. You cannot see characters like the null character '00' in
    > Notepad. The CTRL-M character '0A' can sure muck up a bit of Perl
    > or JavaScript, in Notepad it looks like a black box depending on
    > the font. Other editors the use the riched20.dll like Wordpad or
    > Metapad it looks like a plain old carriage return, but it is not!
    > Can drive you nute trying to debug script with those editor! Where
    > you can really see the difference is open up a non-textfile like an
    > image or excutable.

    Okay, got it. Thanks :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/