    Is there a write-up somewhere that helps you implement good security
    practices on you server that runs ASP.Net applications?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Greg Smith, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Hi

    Check out this article and see if it helps:

    815145 HOW TO: Lock Down an ASP.NET Web Application or Web Service
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=815145

    Cheers,
    Tim Macaulay
    Microsoft Corp.
    Tim Macaulay[MS], Sep 22, 2003

  3. Hi Greg,

    This article includes details on what permissions the ASPNET account needs and
    where:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811320

    --

    Important: Patch Windows *beyond* Blaster.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

    "Greg Smith" <> wrote in message
    I just moved some ASP.Net applications to a new machine. The applications
    ran ok on the old machine but hit a number of security problems on the new
    machine. Rather than just "kicking the door open" on the new machine, I
    would like to get it setup correctly.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 23, 2003