    --
    There's neither heaven nor hell, save what we grant ourselves.
    There's neither fairness nor justice, save what we grant each other.
    Peter Suk, Apr 18, 2005

  2. On 4/18/05, Peter Suk <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a program in Ruby that 100% accurately lexes Ruby
    > 1.8? I am prepared to translate a Ruby lexer into Ruby, but I'd rather
    > have one that's already written.

    I think Ripper is the most popular one.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ripper/

    --
    Simon Strandgaard
    Simon Strandgaard, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Peter Suk

    Peter Suk Guest

    On Apr 18, 2005, at 1:08 AM, Simon Strandgaard wrote:

    > On 4/18/05, Peter Suk <> wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a program in Ruby that 100% accurately lexes Ruby
    >> 1.8? I am prepared to translate a Ruby lexer into Ruby, but I'd
    >> rather
    >> have one that's already written.

    > I think Ripper is the most popular one.

    I think I cannot use Ripper for my purposes, since its functionality is
    not 100% implemented in Ruby. It is partially implemented in C in the
    Matz Ruby VM. I need a Ruby lexer & parser implemented 100% in Ruby.

    --Peter

    Peter Suk, Apr 18, 2005