    where I can get more information on this?

    Many Thanks
    Peter

    Peter, May 11, 2005

  2. you dont need anything special if you just send them by email
    nearly every cell phone company has a special email address you can use to
    send a text message to someone.
    http://www.livejournal.com/tools/textmessage.bml?mode=details

    I have a verizon cell phone and I send text messages to myself when people
    order software that I sell notifying me of the sale

    I use CDOSYS in text format to send the messages and they come up fine.
    You should be aware there is a 110 character limit to the body of a text
    message and also other limitations on some of the other fields

    More info on using cdosys
    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/sending_email_cdosys.asp

    If you want to send real text messages however then you do need something
    special set up

    Kyle Peterson, May 11, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Kyle,

    Thanks for help information. I thought I understood everything until I read
    you last sentence.

    > If you want to send real text messages however then you do need something
    > special set up

    What do you mean real text message?

    Peter

    Peter, May 11, 2005
  4. I mean a real text message. "one not sent via email"

    think of it like this
    just like one one cell phone would send to another

    one only requiring only a cell phone number to be sent

    there is stuff out that for that
    I dont know a lot about it and have never used it, but it exists
    Its ties into the cell phone text messaging network somehow I imagine

    imagine if you set up some website to send out text mesages..
    you wouldnt want to have to figure out what cariier and email domain/format
    to use to send the messages
    (would you ?)

    Kyle Peterson, May 11, 2005