A:hover moves CSS boxes... possible fix?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by M Hedges, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. M Hedges

    M Hedges Guest

    Hello,

    Using the great code provided by glish.com as an example, I've started
    building the following site:

    http://hedges.org/busolemiss/template/index4.html

    However, as you see on the box on the left, when you put the mouse over a
    link ("Date 1"), it moves the box in an unexplainable way... it doesn't do
    this when I take the A:hover out.... but I need the A:hover.

    How can I fix this?

    thank you
    Matt
    M Hedges, Feb 15, 2004

  2. M Hedges

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "M Hedges" <> wrote in
    news:4JBXb.45920$:

    > Using the great code provided by glish.com as an example, I've started
    > building the following site:
    >
    > http://hedges.org/busolemiss/template/index4.html
    >
    > However, as you see on the box on the left, when you put the mouse
    > over a link ("Date 1"), it moves the box in an unexplainable way... it
    > doesn't do this when I take the A:hover out.... but I need the
    > A:hover.

    I don't see any such effect in Opera 7.22, MSIE 6, or Mozilla Firefox 0.8,
    all running under Windows. On Firefox but not the others, your red arrows
    seem to be overlapping the text.

    If you were getting the effect in MSIE 6, look up the "peekaboo bug"
    and "guillotine bug"; it's possible you were triggering one of those.
    Eric Bohlman, Feb 15, 2004

  3. M Hedges

    M Hedges Guest

    You're right... I don't get it in other browsers (hadn't checked)... but I
    do get it in my MSIE 6. I will look up the bus you mentioned, thanks.

    M Hedges, Feb 15, 2004
  4. M Hedges

    P.J.M. Smit Guest

    When I took out your cursor at a:hover the effect didn´t happen

    P.J.M. Smit, Feb 15, 2004
  5. M Hedges

    M Hedges Guest

    thanks man, that fixed it.