A newbie question about FileDialog in wxPython

OhKyu Yoon

Hi!
I am opening files using the wx.FileDialog in wxPython.
I want to modify the FileDialog such that some information about a
highlighted file is displayed before I decide to open the file.
This is what I tried:

class ModifiedFileDialog(wx.FileDialog):
def __init__(self,parent,message,wildcard,style):
wx.FileDialog(self,parent,message,"","",wildcard,style)
width,height = self.GetSizeTuple()
self.SetSizeWH(width,height+100)
# and so on...

I get an error when I try to change the size or make other changes.
Could someone tell me how to make this work or direct me to some reference?
Thank you.

kyosohma

Hi!
I am opening files using the wx.FileDialog in wxPython.
I want to modify the FileDialog such that some information about a
highlighted file is displayed before I decide to open the file.
This is what I tried:

class ModifiedFileDialog(wx.FileDialog):
def __init__(self,parent,message,wildcard,style):
wx.FileDialog(self,parent,message,"","",wildcard,style)
width,height = self.GetSizeTuple()
self.SetSizeWH(width,height+100)
# and so on...

I get an error when I try to change the size or make other changes.
Could someone tell me how to make this work or direct me to some reference?
Thank you.

I don't know the answer either, but the people on the wxPython user's
group probably will: http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

Please post the question there too.

Mike