A question on the boost library

Discussion in 'C++' started by Pep, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Pep

    Pep Guest

    I am working on a project that foolishly embedded the first release of
    boost
    in to it's build tree and therefore has never updated boost as it
    evolved.

    Now due to an upgrade to the FreeBSD ports directory which forced a
    compiler
    upgrade on us, we have to use the current version of boost, which is no
    bad
    thing.

    Except, the old code made use of default_iterator_policies which does
    not
    seem to exist in the current version of boost.

    Is there a easy way of replacing the default_iterator_policies in our
    code
    with what ever we should now be using and if so, what is it?

    TIA,
    Pep.

    Pep, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Pep wrote:
    > [..]
    >
    > Is there a easy way of replacing the default_iterator_policies in our
    > code
    > with what ever we should now be using and if so, what is it?

    Did you know that Boost has its own discussion forums?

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Pep

    Pep Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Pep wrote:
    > > [..]
    > >
    > > Is there a easy way of replacing the default_iterator_policies in our
    > > code
    > > with what ever we should now be using and if so, what is it?

    > Did you know that Boost has its own discussion forums?

    Yep but having difficulty posting to it for some unkonw reason, by that
    I mean that knode says a unknown error has occurred when posting to the
    ng :(

    Pep, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Pep

    kwikius Guest

    Pep wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > > Pep wrote:
    > > > [..]
    > > >
    > > > Is there a easy way of replacing the default_iterator_policies in our
    > > > code
    > > > with what ever we should now be using and if so, what is it?

    > > Did you know that Boost has its own discussion forums?

    > > --
    > > Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
    > > I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

    > Yep but having difficulty posting to it for some unkonw reason, by that
    > I mean that knode says a unknown error has occurred when posting to the
    > ng :(

    Did you try subscribing to the Boost Users List:

    regards
    Andy Little

    kwikius, Sep 29, 2006