a real combo box

middletree

Some posters here have occasionally used the term combo to refer to <select>
form elements. If you have any VB background, you know that a true combo box
is a dropdown with prefilled values, but which also allows the user to type
in a value if it doesn't already exist in the dropdown.

Well, somebody has made such a thing for the web. Go to
http://iakt.rdsnet.ro/demo/widgetsDemo/ and check out the first thing
listed, the Editable dropdown. Just erase Adobe and type something else.

Problem is, it's good for PHP. Some parts of the site make it sound like it
might be available for ColdFusion also. But no ASP.

My question is, does anyone know of some code or tutorials for such a thing
using ASP? (Yes, I know that some of it is client-side; but a lot of it
would have to be server-side code)

Bob Lehmann

It's done with a textbox and button to make it look like a <select>. The
list is probably <div>. It's all done client-side - except for the db stuff,
of course. If you search the HTML you can the path to the js files to see
how it's done.

Bob Lehmann