A real world Contents Management application written fully in Rails

David Tran

Hi Railers

I would like to invite you to feedback and suggest on improvements I can
make to my CMS site which has been written entirely using Ruby on Rails.
The site has two separate sections:

1. http://public.ok2life.com/welcome

This is essentially a content management application and incorporates
the following features:

.. AJAX based portlets, which independently refresh sections of the screen
.. in place editors
.. autocompleter
.. integrated WYSIWYG editor with photo and images upload support
.. AJAX driven contents related surveys/voting, with hits statistics
.. support for content related polls and quiz
.. site search
.. Image slideshow support
.. context sensitive ad delivery
.. automatic weblogs ping
.. builtin RSS support

I have been the sole publisher for most contents up to now, but would
like to invite other developers (who are interested) to join me in
posting topical articles under your own credentials on the site.

2. http://public.ok2life.com/tube

This part of the site has been built on the theme of a community website
for London Underground commuters (of which I am one), with the following
features:

.. Message Board for visitors
.. fully editable News Headlines, Trivia, items for sale and items wanted
.. Route finder for best routes between two stations, with integrated
Google maps
.. station based communities, aggregating contents which are relevant to
the areas around that station

If there is any part of the site you want the source code for, do let me
know. I will try to package and release it on Sourceforge when time permits.

Regards
David