a target=_top in iframes

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ojorus, Aug 24, 2007.

  1. ojorus

    ojorus Guest

    Hi;
    I'm having a problem with some links on my website. It just won't work in
    Internet Exporer 6! Since quite a lot out there still using IE6, I would
    like to fix the problem.

    My two HTML-documets are something like this:

    index.html:
    <iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
    marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>

    mypage.php:

    When you click the link in IE 6, absolutely nothing happens! The problem is
    the target-parameter. If i change it to "_blank" or "_self", the link works,
    but I want it to go on top, but that does not happen. target="_parent" does
    not work either.

    I found another website with the exactly same problem:
    http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
    forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
    It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but not
    in IE6.

    Does anyone having a solution/explaination to this stupid thing?

    regards
    ojorus

    ojorus, Aug 24, 2007

  2. ojorus

    John Hosking Guest

    ojorus wrote:
    > Hi;
    > I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
    >
    > My two HTML-documets are something like this:

    But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?

    > index.html:
    > <iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
    > marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>
    >
    > mypage.php:

    What happens when you add quotation marks around the URL?

    > I found another website with the exactly same problem:
    > http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
    > forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
    > It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but not
    > in IE6.

    Well, the link you provided works in IE6 for me, and you didn't provide
    a link to your page, so if the problem isn't the quotes then I don't
    know how I can help you.

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    John Hosking, Aug 24, 2007

  3. ojorus

    ojorus Guest

    "John Hosking" <> skrev i melding
    > ojorus wrote:
    >> Hi;
    >> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
    >>
    >> My two HTML-documets are something like this:

    > But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?

    Sorry, it is not available at the moment.

    >> index.html:
    >> <iframe src="mypage.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"
    >> marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="yes" name="main"></iframe>
    >>
    >> mypage.php:

    > What happens when you add quotation marks around the URL?

    No difference.

    >> I found another website with the exactly same problem:
    >> http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/. If you click on "vis
    >> forestillinger" or "omtale" in IE6, nothing happens.
    >> It works perfectly in other browsers (firefox, opera, and also IE7), but
    >> not in IE6.

    > Well, the link you provided works in IE6 for me, and you didn't provide a
    > link to your page, so if the problem isn't the quotes then I don't know
    > how I can help you.

    Just to be sure: it actually works OK for you on this link when you click
    "vis forestillinger" or "omtale"..? (all other links on that page works
    well) What version of IE6 do you use?
    Mine says Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

    ojorus, Aug 24, 2007
  4. ojorus wrote:
    > "John Hosking" <> skrev i melding
    >> ojorus wrote:
    >>> Hi;
    >>> I'm having a problem with some links on my website.
    >>>
    >>> My two HTML-documets are something like this:

    >> But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?
    >>

    > Sorry, it is not available at the moment.

    What is it in the bathroom or something?

    If you want others to have any hope of assisting you you need to make it
    available online so we may see the page in action...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 24, 2007
  5. ojorus

    ojorus Guest

    "Jonathan N. Little" <> skrev i melding
    > ojorus wrote:
    >> "John Hosking" <> skrev i melding

    >>> But only something *like* it. Can you provide a URL to the *real* code?
    >>>

    >> Sorry, it is not available at the moment.

    > What is it in the bathroom or something?

    The webpage is not reliesed yet, and can't be put online (agreement).
    However, the same error comes up in this page:
    http://www.filmweb.no/oslokino/kinoprogram/, so there you can study the
    code.
    However, I have testet the code on several machines using IE6, and there the
    page works well. So it seems to be a problem on IE6 on my local machine.
    Maybe it has something to do with that I installed IE7, sand then removed it
    again and went back to IE6.
    Anyway, it seems to be a local problam at my machine, since no one else
    reported this error. So I guess this is not a big problem.

    ojorus, Aug 27, 2007