A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wes Stebbins, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Wes Stebbins

    Wes Stebbins Guest

    My hard drive crashed so I've had to reinstall everything. I use Microsoft
    Visual C++ .NET and I'm now getting an error when I try to build/rebuild
    only my particular project (it's a COM object - a Service):
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
    registration"

    I know I need to regsvr32 <myDLL> before I run it for the first time, but
    why do I get this error while just trying to build the project?

    Also, and I hope this makes sense to you, I used to be able to use the Find
    command in the Output Window (if I was in that window) - but now I can't.
    Is there some custom setting I need.

    It'd be real handy, for example, when I build something and there are
    errors, I often just click in the Output Window and search for "error" or
    things like that.

    Thanks for any help,

    -Wes

    --
    Wes Stebbins
    Programmer/Analyst
    Wes Stebbins, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Wes Stebbins

    Mona Guest

    Hi Wes,

    Regarding this error, I would request you to please go through the following
    site :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...vccore/html/vcerrProjectBuildErrorPRJ0019.asp

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,