A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" error

Wes Stebbins

My hard drive crashed so I've had to reinstall everything. I use Microsoft
Visual C++ .NET and I'm now getting an error when I try to build/rebuild
only my particular project (it's a COM object - a Service):
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
registration"

I know I need to regsvr32 <myDLL> before I run it for the first time, but
why do I get this error while just trying to build the project?

Also, and I hope this makes sense to you, I used to be able to use the Find
command in the Output Window (if I was in that window) - but now I can't.
Is there some custom setting I need.

It'd be real handy, for example, when I build something and there are
errors, I often just click in the Output Window and search for "error" or
things like that.

Thanks for any help,

-Wes

--