A way to have the window to blink ?

Justin Sane

I have done a JavaScript-based chat system that looks like LivePerson, but
the problem is, if my browser window is minimized, I don't know when some
one is connected or not.

Is there a way to have the reduced window to blink or to restore/maximize
when an event is true using JS?

VK

if (someTrue) {self.focus();}
or
if (someTrue) {self.top.focus();} // for a frameset

to make it restore, but it will steal the focus every time, I don't
think your users will appreciate that.

Better try some second best, for example a blinking "!" in the window
titlebar using setTimeout() and document.title.