about creating html mail

Jeff

Hi

asp.net 3.5

I'm asked to implement an email sending feature to the website I'm
developing. The customer wants the website to send html formatted emails....

So I was wondering, the website is 960px wide, can I have this width in the
email too or is there another prefered width there?

And is it so that when making html email, it should look like the real
website, like same top logo, colors, (maybe inlogging box)?

any suggestions?

JM

I'm asked to implement an email sending feature to the website I'm
developing. The customer wants the website to send html formatted
emails....

So I was wondering, the website is 960px wide, can I have this width in
the email too or is there another prefered width there?

And is it so that when making html email, it should look like the real
website, like same top logo, colors, (maybe inlogging box)?

This, and much more, can be accomplished via style sheets by creating
a print section. Here's one I had in a company style sheet that basically
sets the body background color to white and keeps the logo area from
being printed..

@media print {
#logo { display: none; }
body { background: #fff; }
}
/* all other screen styles go here */

Remember that 960px is in screen resolution and print resolution is
measured in dots per inch (DPI). You'll probably need to do some
tweaking to get it right, but it's not at all hard to do.

Here's a quick little tutorial from the Grand Pubba of CSS.

http://meyerweb.com/eric/articles/webrev/200001.html

John

JM

I cross-polinated posts just a little. It's sort of related to what you're
wanting, but is oriented to printing web pages..

You can safely ignore this post! :0)

John