    write my MembershipProvider, and all related MembershipUser,
    MembershipUserCollection... right? The real web sites always has more user
    fields important.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNUb3JuZw==?=, Mar 9, 2005

  2. This question is really more suited to a Whidbey/V2 related list, however
    you can use the Profile features to define custom profile properties in the
    web.config. You can define them with (going from memory here so syntax may
    be a little wrong or outdated)

    <profile>
    <properties>
    <add name="Address1" type="System.String" />
    <add name="Phone" type="System.String" />
    </properties>
    </profile>

    These properties then become strongly typed properties that can be accessed
    via intellisense through the 'Profile' property from your web page.

    Also, here is a link to personalisation in 2.0
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/w...en-us/dnvs05/html/vwd_sse_personalization.asp

    --

    - Paul Glavich
    ASP.NET MVP

    "ChrisTorng" <> wrote in message
    > I am studing VS 2005 Feb CTP, and thinking how to use those new features

    > my new web project. I think the currently implemented MembershipProviders

    is

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Mar 9, 2005