about displaying data in datalist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Yoshitha, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Yoshitha

    Yoshitha Guest

    Hi

    I have datalist control in my ASP.NET application
    the problem here is
    i have used a textbox with multiline true propertly when i enter data like

    "fdjsfhjksdhfjsdfhsdjhfsdfhsdjfhsd
    jfdsjfksdjfksdjkfjsdfjksdjfsdjfd
    fdsfhjsdhfjsdhfjf dsjf dsjfhjsdfhjksdh d fdsjf
    hsdjkfhdjsfhsdjfh ds
    fdsf dshfjdhsjfhsdjhfjsdh fds
    dsjfh sdfhdsfjdshfjhdsfds"

    it is storing as it is ...when i displaying in the datalist like this
    Dim con As New

    OleDbConnection("provider=sqloledb;server=localhost;database=tempdb;trusted_
    connection=Yes")
    System.EventArgs) Handles

    MyBase.Load
    Dim da As New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from Message", con)
    Dim ds As New DataSet
    da.Fill(ds, "Message")
    dltMessages.DataSource = ds
    dltMessages.DataBind()
    End Sub
    it is showing in a single line it is not displaying in paragrah wise .......

    how to display data in data list as it is.
    Please help me ....

    thanx in advance
    yoshitha
    Yoshitha, Sep 8, 2005

  2. What are the values of the height and rows properties of the textbox?
    TextBox controls do not automatically resize.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 10, 2005