about JDBC Connectivity

krupa sukumar

Hi,

I am Sukumar...
New to this Group...

I have a question. Please give the result asap...

When I would like to connect to DB using JDBC I M getting the run time
exception like....>

Class not found exception...i.e., oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.
I set a classpath for ojdbc14.jar then I got the URL is not found...
jbdc:eek:racle:thin@localhost:1521:eek:rcl....

Can u please anybody help me to connect to DB..using JDBC...

Michael Parmeley

Another offshore programmer in over his head.

Anyway, put the oracle driver in your classpath.

Lew

Michael said:
Another offshore programmer in over his head.

Anyway, put the oracle driver in your classpath.

Please do not top-post.

He says he put the Oracle JAR in his classpath.

The question then is whether your URL refers to a correct Oracle instance and
its SID.

Can you connect using that URL with one of Oracle's own tools?