  1. Wang Dong

    Wang Dong Guest

    Is there any reliable win32 thread lib?

    Wang Dong, Jan 16, 2007

  2. Wang Dong

    Dave Burt Guest

    Dave Burt, Jan 17, 2007

  3. Dave Burt wrote:
    > Wang Dong wrote:
    >> Is there any reliable win32 thread lib?

    > I have not used it, but win32-thread exists as part of the Win32 Utils
    > project:
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

    That's purely alpha, and it will crash if you try to create more than
    one native thread.

    There is no reliable thread lib, for Windows or any other platform,
    because Ruby isn't thread safe at this point.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, Jan 17, 2007
  4. Wang Dong

    Wang Dong Guest

    "Daniel Berger" <> ??????:...
    > Dave Burt wrote:
    >> Wang Dong wrote:
    >>> Is there any reliable win32 thread lib?

    >> I have not used it, but win32-thread exists as part of the Win32 Utils
    >> project:
    >>
    >> http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

    > That's purely alpha, and it will crash if you try to create more than one
    > native thread.
    >
    > There is no reliable thread lib, for Windows or any other platform,
    > because Ruby isn't thread safe at this point.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dan

    Thanks.
    win32-thread really always crash.
    Python builds threads on pthreads libaray for portable, it's a good ideal.

    Wang Dong, Jan 18, 2007