    patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
    conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
    confused by these two patterns.

    C#, Jul 28, 2008

  2. C#

    bruce barker Guest

    they are different but related.

    the in factory pattern, the code calls the factory directly to create
    objects.

    in the abstract pattern, the abstract factory is called, and it
    determines which factory to call to create the object.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 28, 2008

  3. C#

    tal_mcmahon Guest

    On Jul 28, 11:25 am, "C#" <> wrote:
    > http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm
    >
    > I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
    > patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
    > conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
    > confused by these two patterns.

    I would suggest the Head First series and specifically the GOF
    Patterns book. It is great at illustrating the patterns in a way that
    makes things more clear. Frankly, the GOF book is one of those "need
    a book about the book" kind of books.

    Tal

    tal_mcmahon, Jul 28, 2008
  4. C#

    sloan Guest

    The best illustration a book gave me for abstract was "build a computer".

    It was a java book and I don't know which one it was.

    However, I found this
    http://blog.dotnetstyling.com/archive/2007/11/25/Abstract-Factory-Design-Pattern.aspx

    which is similar.

    sloan, Jul 28, 2008
  5. C#

    C# Guest

    On Jul 28, 11:16 pm, "sloan" <> wrote:
    > The best illustration a book gave me for abstract was "build a computer".
    >
    > It was a java book and I don't know which one it was.
    >
    > However, I found thishttp://blog.dotnetstyling.com/archive/2007/11/25/Abstract-Factory-Des...
    >
    > which is similar.
    >
    > "C#" <> wrote in message

    > >http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm

    > > I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
    > > patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
    > > conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
    > > confused by these two patterns.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks guys for your clarification

    C#, Jul 31, 2008