access cellular phone from pc

I am programming j2me. Is there a way we can write a program to access
information in a cellular phone from a pc or access pc information
from cellular phone?

Thanks,

ff

FISH

I am programming j2me. Is there a way we can write a program to access
information in a cellular phone from a pc or access pc information
from cellular phone?

There are two possible routes you might want to explore. Firstly if your
PC is on the Internet and 'visible' to other computers, you can use the
phone's various socket/HTTP i/o classes to talk to a server process of
some sort running on your PC. (Obviously anyone else who knows about your
computer can also do the same thing - so best to build in some kind of
security.)

Another option might be to see if your phone and PC can talk to each
other via Bluetooth, which is a lot more secure given its extremely
short range, and is specifically designed for moving data between
devices in close proximity.

-FISH- ><>

Enrique

More specifics, please. Depending on the carrier, some data is stored
on the device, and sometimes on a server. As for PC data accessed by
a mobile device, what are the particulars of the PC?

Darryl L. Pierce,,,

f said:
I am programming j2me. Is there a way we can write a program to access
information in a cellular phone from a pc or access pc information
from cellular phone?

It depends on the handset. Motorola, to my understanding, has a way to allow
you to access information on the handset. It requires an agreement with
Motorola and digitally signing the MIDlet suite.

For example, I would like to have a program on my pc which can open
the phonebook on my cellular phone (Nokia, AT&T).

Thanks,

ff