    from cellular phone?

    Thanks,

    ff
    f, Feb 18, 2004

  2. f

    FISH Guest

    (f) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am programming j2me. Is there a way we can write a program to access
    > information in a cellular phone from a pc or access pc information
    > from cellular phone?

    There are two possible routes you might want to explore. Firstly if your
    PC is on the Internet and 'visible' to other computers, you can use the
    phone's various socket/HTTP i/o classes to talk to a server process of
    some sort running on your PC. (Obviously anyone else who knows about your
    computer can also do the same thing - so best to build in some kind of
    security.)

    Another option might be to see if your phone and PC can talk to each
    other via Bluetooth, which is a lot more secure given its extremely
    short range, and is specifically designed for moving data between
    devices in close proximity.

    -FISH- ><>
    FISH, Feb 19, 2004

  3. f

    Enrique Guest

    More specifics, please. Depending on the carrier, some data is stored
    on the device, and sometimes on a server. As for PC data accessed by
    a mobile device, what are the particulars of the PC?
    Enrique, Feb 19, 2004
  4. f wrote:

    > I am programming j2me. Is there a way we can write a program to access
    > information in a cellular phone from a pc or access pc information
    > from cellular phone?

    It depends on the handset. Motorola, to my understanding, has a way to allow
    you to access information on the handset. It requires an agreement with
    Motorola and digitally signing the MIDlet suite.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
    Darryl L. Pierce,,,, Feb 19, 2004
  5. f

    f Guest

    For example, I would like to have a program on my pc which can open
    the phonebook on my cellular phone (Nokia, AT&T).

    Thanks,

    ff

    f, Feb 19, 2004